Wonder Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
Some of you have read my article about Chef Brad's Wonder Flour (https://www.grainmillguide.com/2011/01/replace-white-flour-with-wonder-flour.html) for replacing white flour in recipes. I have been using it for a while now and I thought it was time for me to post a recipe that I love to make. This recipe is "Kid-Tested, Dad-Approved", mom doesn't always get a say when it comes to food in our house but she likes these pancakes too.
Whole Grain Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups Wonder Flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups milk (or Soy Milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Pre-heat pan to medium-low heat or turn on your electric griddle to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in one mixing bowl and all wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing bowl and mix till combined.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes before pouring onto hot griddle or pan.
- Cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side (adjust time if needed, all stoves and griddles are a bit different).
- Surve with surup, whipcream, or whatever you top your pancakes with.